Big Pines Blues Festival
Big Pines Blues Festival is seeking student age guitar players to compete in the First Annual Big Pines Blues Festival Junior Showcase for guitar players. Contestants will be separated into 2 age categories with finalists in each category selected by festival staff based upon a video submission. Finalists will perform at the Festival on Saturday morning, June 3. Winners in each category will perform on the Big Pines Blues Festival stage with a Big Pines Blues Festival performing artist.
June 2 & 3, 2017
Maude Cobb Convention Center
- All Area students are eligible to enter. Grades 6 through 12 (2016-2017 School Year)
- Contestants will perform one song with a 4-minute maximum time limit.
- Performances may be solo or with backup players. Solo may use a backup track.
- Deadline for entry is May 13, 2017.
- Finalists will perform on the Big Pines Blues Festival Stage in front of a panel of three Festival Artists and will be judged in two groups: grades 6-8, & 9-12.
How To Enter:
Submit a video or YouTube link of yourself performing with audio to .
Please include Student's Name, Parent's Name & Phone Number, Age, Grade, Address and Email Address.
The festival is made possible in part through a grant from the City of Longview.